What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care?
If you are dealing with acute or chronic pain due to a personal injury, spinal damage, or a degenerative condition, chiropractic care may be the solution you need for effective, long-lasting pain relief. Chiropractic care is a non-surgical, drug-free treatment option that is designed to relieve the cause of your back pain, neck pain, or other condition through simple manual adjustments.
There are many benefits to receiving chiropractic care, including:
- Increased range of motion and mobility: Whether you’re stiff due to age, injury, or a chronic condition, seeing a chiropractor for an adjustment can significantly improve range of motion and mobility in the body, allowing you to move more easily with less pain and get back to doing the things you love.
- Improved balance and coordination: As we get older, balance and coordination can become more difficult. And while regular exercise can help keep the legs and core strong, chiropractic care can also be a big help in maintaining alignment in the spine and throughout the body, keeping you balanced and poised.
- Easier breathing: If there is misalignment in certain areas of your spine, this can result in problems with the lungs. Nerve function is a vital element in lung function, as it is creating the space to promote breath flow. Seeing a chiropractor could be key to getting the proper treatment to reduce lung inflammation and breathe more easily.
- Improved digestion: Most people don’t know that the nerves running through the spinal cord control stomach functions. If your vertebrae becomes misaligned, your nerves may signal for increased acid, leading to acid reflux, indigestion, heartburn, and gas. With chiropractic care, the spine and connective nerves can ease back into proper function, bringing the rest of the body back into optimal working order.
- Lowered blood pressure: Many studies have shown that getting a chiropractic adjustment targeting the nerves in the upper neck can be just as effective as taking blood pressure medication. Instead of risking the side effects that can come with prescription drugs, chiropractic care is a safe and simple way to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level.
- Improved immune function: The nervous system is a vital component in regulating cell function. If there is any misalignment in the body, it can interrupt nerve signaling, affecting the immune system’s ability to fight off infections and viruses. A simple adjustment can benefit the whole immune process of the body, protecting you from illness and disease.
- Increased energy: If you are experiencing acute or chronic back pain or neck pain due to soreness or misalignment, the joints and muscles tend to tense up, causing inflammation. This expends more energy and affects your overall health and well-being. When the tightness and tension in the body is relieved through a gentle adjustment, joint and muscle discomfort is reduced, allowing you freedom of movement and increased mobility, flexibility, and energy levels.
What Conditions Can Chiropractic Care Help Treat?
Along with a slew of incredible benefits, chiropractic care can help provide overall health and wellness, as well a srelieve pain associated with a variety of conditions and injuries, such as:
● Auto accident-related injuries or sports injuries
● Back, neck, and joint pain
● Herniated disc, ruptured disc, or slipped disc
● Carpal Tunnel
● And more
Chiropractic care works by correcting misalignments in the spine and throughout the body with gentle manual adjustments and manipulations. If you would like to learn more about how you can achieve improved mobility, flexibility, and overall function with chiropractic care, call Palmercare Chiropractic to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors today.
Learn more about Palmercare Chiropractic
Learn how Chiropractic Care Can Help With Hip & Pelvic Pain